Complete forms ASAP –> place in nearest drop box –> we will transmit to all parties.
Due to the developer paying to have his VCAT Hearing on the Major Case List, VCAT have scheduled a fast-tracked process… as a result objectors need to submit the Statement of Grounds forms before the 6th of February.
This step in the fight is critically important and mandatory in order for everyone to be represented and your views heard at VCAT.
The Statement of Grounds form.
- Original objectors will have received a blank form in the mail, and there is a blank form below with guidelines attached.
- Additionally, we have completed an ‘example’ form with all major points expressed by the community. Use this as an input to completing your own form, or you can use the example ‘as-is’ if it represents your grounds.
Forms to use:
- Blank Statement of Grounds Round 2 (includes VCAT Guidelines)
- Example Pre-completed Statement of Grounds – Round 2
Who needs to complete a Statement of Grounds form?
- Any objectors who wishes their case to be considered at their VCAT hearing.
- Anyone else (even if you did not object earlier) can state their case at the VCAT hearing.
There were officially 260 objections submitted to Council, and we need to ensure we maintain the numbers to show VCAT the magnitude of impact of this ridiculous development. Remember, anyone in the household can submit their grounds… seperate forms are recommended.
What do you need to do?
Complete a Statement of Grounds form and submit to VCAT and also serve a copy on Council and the developer. This means all three parties need to get a copy.
We are making that process as easy as possible with neighbourhood drop boxes to collect people forms and we will ensure they are served upon all necessary parties on time. You only need to drop off one copy per person submitting their grounds. We will take care of further copies and transmission to all parties.
The latest date is the 6th of February, but as quickly as possible, especially if you are putting them in neighbourhood drop boxes. We need enough time to make copies and transmit them before the deadline.
Nearest drop boxes.
Put into the letterboxes of either: 91 Franklin St 4 Paine St 2 Crawford St 4 Bunbury St
Who is doing the transmitting on your behalf (if you so choose)?
There is a core team of residents (collectively know as the “resident’s action group”) who have been fighting this development from the start. At the last VCAT hearing they handled communications and presented a collective case on behalf of residents…. saving the general community a large amount of time required to individually prepare cases and show up for the full duration. They have been working hard, but need your continued support and motivation. Also, any resident is welcome to join the team and/or bring resources to assist.