The developer has been working on revised plans for the Timber Yard Site, and a small number of resident representatives had the opportunity to view draft plans and provide feedback.
They are not complete and we do not yet have a copy, but this is a summary of the draft plans as they currently stand:
43 units, three stories high, with centre tower 4 stories high.
- Mostly two bedroom dwellings, then one bedroom dwellings, and one three bedroom dwelling.
- Average building set-back from boundary increased by half a metre.
- Driveway moved to Paine St.
- Each side of the development has units facing the street.
- Stairways set back further from boundry.
- Buildings no longer black, colours lightened with varied materials.
- An attempt to make the units look like individual homes.
- Parking at ground level, car stackers still employed. 5 visitor parks on-site.
- The developer is attempting to comply with VCAT recommendations; and consider visual improvements.
- Building size and occupant/vehicle/traffic density remains essentially the same.